Fryer fire at Amesbury Fish Bar

Fryer fire at Amesbury Fish Bar

Published by Faye Tryhorn at 11:30am 20th August 2019. (Updated at 12:09pm 20th August 2019)

Heavy smoke was seen coming from the building during the incident yesterday evening.

Fire crews were called to Earls Court Road at 5.50pm on Monday (August 19th), just as they would have been busy for dinner service.

One of the chip fryers was found alight.

The area around the Amesbury Fish Bar was closed off while the fire was being tackled

A total of five fire engines were sent to the scene, and police helped to close the road for a time.

That was to allow the emergency services to have the space to work safely, and to keep the public back from the scene.

DANGER OF CHIP PAN FIRES

Firefighters used foam to help put out the blaze.

That's because putting water on overheating oil can make the situation all the more dangerous.

Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue shared a video demonstrating what can happen: 

In the Amesbury incident, firefighters used ventilation fans to clear smoke from the building once the fire was put out.

Luckily, no-one was hurt.

Email Icon

Sign up for exclusive news, competitions and offers.
Proper Local News updates from Spire FM

© Copyright 2019 Spire FM, A UKRD group company