Stay at home, help save lives and help the NHS: COVID-19 advice and information.

Dog dies in house fire in Perham Down

Dog dies in house fire in Perham Down

Published by Henrietta Creasey at 10:18am 13th January 2020. (Updated at 12:13pm 15th January 2020)

2 minute read

The Fire Service think the blaze started after a cushion fell onto hair straighteners and a hair drier.

The styling tools were plugged into an extension lead in the living room and the theory is they 'caught alight from residual heat'.

Fire-fighters from Ludgershall were called at 9.47pm on Saturday (11th January) to an end of terrace property at Upnor Close.

Upnor Close Google Maps JPG

The property was heavily smoke logged and a second crew from Andover Fire Station were sent to help.

Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue say the small fire had been 'smouldering for most of the day in the front living room.'

Sadly the owner's dog, Sharkey, died from smoke inhalation.

Friends have set up a JustGiving to help the family

REMINDER OVER HOME SAFETY:

Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue are reminding people of the dangers electrical items can pose.

"Always make sure that any electrical appliances are switched off when not in use, including extension leads. Heat proof mats are also recommended for placing hair straighteners on after use and that you ensure that there is no risk of any flammable objects falling on them."

 

Email Icon

Sign up for exclusive news, competitions and offers.
Proper Local News updates from Spire FM

© Copyright 2020 Spire FM, A UKRD group company