Fire at Coombe Bissett home accidental

Fire at Coombe Bissett home accidental

Published by Henrietta Creasey at 10:29am 20th January 2020. (Updated at 10:34am 20th January 2020)

1 minute read

40 firefighters tackled the blaze in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Eight crews were called to the property on Homington Road just before 2am.

Fire-fighters had to remove some of the tiles to put the remaining blaze out.

70% of the roof was destroyed and the rest of the house has been badly damaged.

Fortunately nobody was hurt or had to be rescued.

Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue have told Spire FM today that the blaze was accidental and due to an "electrical fault".

Coombe Bissett roof fire
Picture courtesy of Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue.

 

 

 

Email Icon

Sign up for exclusive news, competitions and offers.
Proper Local News updates from Spire FM

© Copyright 2020 Spire FM, A UKRD group company