Coronavirus: McDonald's to close Salisbury and Amesbury restaurants

Coronavirus: McDonald's to close Salisbury and Amesbury restaurants

Published by Henrietta Creasey at 10:57pm 22nd March 2020. (Updated at 6:12am 23rd March 2020)

2 minute read

The fast food giant is shutting all its outlets across the UK and Ireland as fears over the Covid-19 outbreak escalate.

McDonald's had already closed its seating areas last week but had continued to offer takeaway and drive-thru services.

Now it has announced it will go a step further and ALL restaurants will close by 7pm on Monday (23rd March) at the latest, including the two Salisbury branches on Winchester Street and Southampton Road as well as at Solstice Park. in Amesbury.

Chief Executive Paul Pomroy says he's "proud" of employees who had taken every step to keep customers safe so far.

McDonalds drive-thru drive thru Southampton Road Salisbury - Petersfinger Road (Mike Draper) (1)
Fast food fans won't be able to get their fix at Salisbury's Drive Thru.

The company said the "well being of staff and customers" was behind the decision.

On Friday the Prime Minister said pubs, restaurants and cafes should close but no specific guidance was given to takeaways.

McDonald's runs around 1,300 restaurants across the UK and employs around 135,000 staff.

 

 

 

Email Icon

Sign up for exclusive news, competitions and offers.
Proper Local News updates from Spire FM

© Copyright 2020 Spire FM, A UKRD group company