Fire service called after BBQ put in hedgerow at Hudson's Field

Fire service called after BBQ put in hedgerow at Hudson's Field

Published by Henrietta Creasey at 6:46am 13th July 2020. (Updated at 7:07am 13th July 2020)

1 minute read

A crew were called out to the Salisbury green space on Saturday night.

One engine from the city's fire station attended around 8.45pm.

Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue have repeatedly urged people to only use a disposable BBQs in your own garden.

"If you’re using a disposable barbecue ensure it has cooled before putting it in the bin. To avoid starting a fire you should allow it to cool for several hours and then consider pouring water over it to make sure it’s out."

There are more tips on BBQ safety on Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service's website.

Email Icon

Sign up for exclusive news, competitions and offers.
Proper Local News updates from Spire FM

© Copyright 2020 Spire FM, A UKRD group company