Cloth left on hob sparks kitchen fire in Salisbury home

Cloth left on hob sparks kitchen fire in Salisbury home

Published by Henrietta Creasey at 9:35am 28th July 2020.

2 minute read

Two crews from the city's fire station were called to a property in Bemerton Heath last night.

The incident happened at a house in Pullman Drive just before 9pm last night, the fire was out on arrival and a woman who was in the property at the time got out safely

She'd breathed in smoke so was given oxygen by fire-fighters before paramedics arrived on the scene.

Fire crews also had to ventilate the property using a large mechanical fan.

The advice from Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service is to keep electrical leads, tea towels and clothing away from the hob.

DWFRS is also reminding people to clean your grill, hob and oven regularly as a build up of grease and fat can catch fire whilst cooking.

 

 

Email Icon

Sign up for exclusive news, competitions and offers.
Proper Local News updates from Spire FM

© Copyright 2020 Spire FM, A UKRD group company